Petroleum and Alternative Fuels
Counseling and Litigation
Edgcomb Law Group, LLP attorneys have substantial expertise in energy-related regulation and litigation. We handle regulatory matters before the Federal Energy Regulatory Commission as well as state public utilities commissions, including maritime and pipeline transportation matters.
- Served as lead counsel for a major oil refiner in cleanup and cost allocation negotiations with another major oil company at a closed refinery location.
- Served as lead counsel for a major oil company in defending state law claims, including Polanco Act claims, at a former bulk transfer site.
- Served as lead counsel for a major refining company in Superfund environmental litigation in South Valley, Albuquerque, NM, including toxic tort claims arising out of alleged arsenic contamination.
- Served as trial counsel for a major gasoline refiner in multiple California antitrust actions based on alleged price fixing among refiners.
- Served as trial counsel for a gasoline refiner in litigation arising out of alleged infringement of patent for California CARB reformulated gasoline.
- Served as lead counsel for a refining company in FTC civil investigation for alleged price-fixing.
- Served as trial counsel for a product shipper in multi-party FERC litigation involving issues of interstate pipeline proration and quality banks.
- Served as trial counsel for a shipper in California PUC matters involving intrastate pipeline rate settings.
- Served as arbitration counsel for a petroleum shipper in charter party disputes.
- Served as arbitration counsel for a shipper in “one safe berth” disputes.
- Served as trial counsel for a refinery in products liability matter involving av-gas.
Contact Edgcomb Law Group, LLP for additional information about our petroleum and alternative fuels practice.
- Edgcomb, J., "Responding to an Oil Spill in California: The Impact of OPA 1990 and OSPRA," 5 Univ. of San Francisco Maritime Law Journal 389 (Vol. 2, Spring 1993).